Sunday, September 26, 2010

#13 Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

I already have a delicious account and I really like it. Following other people's links, I found some good resources for YA stuff, like BookNut and 4YA. And I found them by other tags and the wonder of folksonomy! I like looking under recent or popular bookmarks, or finding a user who thinks like me and following their links. I think it would be really cool to have tagging like this in the library catalog. Research uses include what we're doing with Diigo... or general groups that can get shared with people with similar interests. Also, it's easy to lose track in these groups when so many people post, so using the RSS feeds to follow them are really cool. A library could make it's own delicious to share cool links with patrons, just like a pathfinder since you can make comments and patrons can participate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment