Thursday, September 16, 2010

#9 Podcasts, Smodcasts!

After checking out websites, I thought that iTunes was much more user-friendly, well-organized and easier to negotiate. I was surprised to learn that there are video, as well as audio, podcasts... I guess the difference between video and a webisode is that the video podcast automatically shows up on your RSS every week when you subscribe.
For audio podcast, I liked This American Life. I watched the tv show when it was on... Showtime, I think it was, and liked it a lot. The radio show/podcast isn't as fun to me as the show, but still great! It interviews people/tells different, unique stories of a few people every week. I was also looking for a podcast that could show me some new music. I usually look at blogs but hey, listening to the review via podcasts lets me hear snippests of music at the same time. I liked Paste Culture Club from Paste magazine, too bad there's been no new podcasts for a year. Second best was WFUV, I guess.
As far as video, I kind of liked Baeble music, which records a song live from a different band in concerts and puts that up for their podcast. The quality and sound was really good for these.
I don't know if I'll keep up with these, my computer kind of lags while waiting for them to load, but it's nice to finally be clear on what a podcast is.

No comments:

Post a Comment