Sunday, September 5, 2010

#6 Discovering Flickr

Wow, so there is a lot of stuff flickr offers. There were so many things on the intro tour that I hardly remember them. Something cool I saw was the library 365 project. The goal being to take 365 pictures of your library, something I wish my public library had. There's a group that lists what to include in your tag so all the photos from this project can be together. Informational and artistic!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cityteamdr/1762330325/
^ This is a photo from Hurricane Katrina. After seeing the tag "hurricaneearl" being used so often in the past week, I decided to look at some "huricanekatrina" tags. I liked the photo because it's aesthetically pleasing and also made me think about how much hurricanes can destroy infrastructure. There were probably an unimaginable number of water bottles there. I wonder if there were recycled into new bottles or used in some other creative/rebuilding way.

No comments:

Post a Comment