Sunday, October 3, 2010

#16 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

I just discovered Google docs this semester and I can't even tell you how much I love it. I want to write Google docs a sonnet and stand outside its window with a boombox.
I use them constantly now, mainly for collaboration. Before, I had kind of just uploaded my resume so I could bring it up anywhere, which it a good feature, very convenient. Allowing others access to documents has made projects so much easier. Just this summer while I was taking classes, my group and I constantly emailed our powerpoint back and forth. Powerpoint takes eons to load on a mac and our presentations didn't even make use of fancy, uniquely PPT-y features. I like the instantaneous updates to the docs and ability to edit online. I like that the sharing feature lets you have someone edit, or just view, so I can ask a friend to read over one of my papers and tell me what they think.
Bottom line, I love Google docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment