Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#21 On Library 2.0 & Web 2.0 ...

I read the top 3 articles listed on the site. The gist I guess is that users want things more access. Like things need to be available all the time on the web. And that we need to be cutting edge, but for the benefit of our patrons, not "techno-lust[ing]." I agree with this... I know that if I'm just casually searching for articles, and don't truly NEED one, I'll only look for those available online... I never wait for the annex scans or go to the library stacks.
As for the term web 2.0, when Tom and I interviewed Ken Fujiuchi, he said that term was outdated. When I asked why, he said that everything basically nowdays is interactive. Even informational, non-editable websites have comment abilities (e.g. most major newspaper websites). I think it's less outdated when it's library 2.0 because not that much type of stuff has been integrated to libraries in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment