Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#18 A thing about LibraryThing

I already have an account on Goodreads, so I didn't create one on LibraryThing since I have already added hundreds of books to my Goodreads account.

I was surprised to see that you can only catalog 200 books on LibraryThing. Maybe because it is an originator, or older, they feel they are popular enough to charge. It basically has all the same features as Goodreads, with the cataloging and social aspects. I like some of the display options better on LT, I guess. I like the blog, maybe GR has one, but I haven't looked.

So... maybe it's because I'm so familiar with it, but I like Goodreads better. One thing I can think of that I didn't see on LT that I like about GR is BookSwap. See a book you want that someone else has, you pay shipping and get it for free, and there's a Book Karma stats display so people don't get all the books but don't give any.

No comments:

Post a Comment